As standard, all McLaren's new vehicles come with a 3-year unlimited mileage warranty.
The McLaren Extended Warranty is available to ensure your McLaren continues to run at its peak long after the initial warranty period. The McLaren Extended Warranty is designed to provide additional peace of mind for up to 12 years and is available to purchase in either 12 or 24 month policy increments for McLaren vehicles that are less than ten years old, have not yet driven 100,000 miles at the time you purchase the policy, and have been owned for a minimum of 90 days.
The McLaren Extended Warranty can be purchased with your vehicle or later in your ownership on both a new and McLaren Qualified pre-owned vehicle. It covers the majority of factory fitted components for mechanical and electrical failure*, and includes all parts and labour charges.
*Some exclusions do apply.
Extended Warranty - Terms and Conditions
- This Warranty applies to the McLaren vehicle described in the Warranty Confirmation Letter.
- It is a condition that all information provided at the time of application of the Warranty Holder should be accurate and truthful. Observance and fulfilment by the Warranty Holder of the full terms and conditions of this shall be conditions precedent to any liability of the Insurer to make any payment under this Warranty.
- The Warranty Holder, with the prior consent of the Insurer, may assign the benefits of this Warranty.
- In the event of any occurrence giving rise to a claim and provided the Warranty Holder takes the vehicle to a McLaren Retailer or Authorised Service Centre, the claim will be handled on the Warranty Holder’s behalf. The Administrator reserves the right to examine the vehicle and subject the failed parts to expert assessment.
- No claim will be considered unless, before commencement of the Warranty, the Retailer has subjected the vehicle to a presale inspection and thereafter the vehicle has been serviced at the appropriate time/mileage intervals in accordance with the manufacturer recommendations. A maximum allowance of 500 miles/800 km either side of the stipulated mileage or four (4) weeks either side of the stipulated time period is permitted. The Pre Sales inspection is not required if a Warranty is sold to the Warranty holder while the vehicle is covered by the McLaren New Car Warranty or another McLaren pre-owned/Extended Warranty.
- The Insurer shall be entitled in the event of any loss, to undertake in the name and on behalf of the Warranty Holder the absolute conduct, control and settlement of any proceedings. _The Insurer may also take proceedings at its own expense and for its own benefit, but in the name of the Warranty Holder to recover compensation or secure indemnity from any third party in respect of anything covered in this Warranty.
- The Insurer shall not be liable in respect of any claim by the Warranty Holder or subsequent holders covered by an existing warranty or other cover.
- If any claim is fraudulent in any respect all benefits under this Warranty will be forfeited.
- FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE MCLAREN SERVICE SCHEDULES MAY INVALIDATE THE WARRANTY. A maximum allowance of 500 miles/800 km either side of the stipulated mileage or four (4) weeks either side of the stipulated time period is permitted.
- GENERAL EXCLUSIONS: This Warranty does not cover any of the following:
i) Failure where the fault(s) could be reasonably stated by a qualified engineer appointed by the Administrator, to have been owing to a fault(s) present before commencement of the Warranty. Any such pre-existing fault(s) must be rectified before the Insurer’s obligation under this Warranty can come into effect.
ii) Failure which could be attributable, in the reasonable opinion of a qualified engineer appointed by the Administrator, to lack of proper maintenance or neglect.
iii) Where the part(s), which has failed, is subject to a manufacturer’s recall campaign or manufacturer upgrade.
iv) Where the part(s) which has failed can be considered as an Inherent Design Fault (IDF).
v) Track days: any failure incurred or caused as a result of or following a track day (unless the event is officially organised by McLaren Automotive Ltd).
vi) If the vehicle’s odometer has been tampered with, altered or disconnected.
vii) In whole or in part due to any kind of accident or any act or omission that is wilful, unlawful or negligent.
viii) If the vehicle has been modified from the McLaren original specification.
ix) Repairs, replacements or alterations not authorised by the Administrator.
x) Any part(s) which has not actually failed but which is repaired or replaced or which is reported or discovered during servicing and/or maintenance work as requiring repair or replacement.
xi) Any part(s) which has been modified when compared with the manufacturer’s specification.
xii) Any cost of which is recoverable by the Warranty Holder under any other existing warranty, insurance or guarantee.
xiii) The gradual reduction in operating performance of the vehicle commensurate with its age and mileage including (but not limited to):
a) Gradual loss of engine compression necessitating the repair of valves or rings
b) Gradual increase in oil consumption due to normal operating functions
xiv) Any vehicle used for hire or reward (e.g. taxis, self-drive, driving schools, etc.), or used in any kind of competition.
xv) Any vehicle owned or operated by a motor trader or by any of its subsidiary or associated companies or by the proprietor thereof or any relative of the proprietor or any employee of such motor trader, or of any of its subsidiary or associated companies.
xvi) Any liability for death, bodily injury, or damage to other property or any consequential loss of whatsoever nature arising directly or indirectly from the claim or event giving rise to a claim under this Warranty other than as provided herein.
xvii) Any consequence whether direct or indirect of war, invasion, act of foreign enemy hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power.
xviii) Loss directly or indirectly caused by (or contributed to by or arising from) any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
xix) Failure/damage caused by frost, corrosion, flooding, impact, fire, accidental damage, vandalism or abuse
- If any difference shall arise as to the amount to be paid under any section of this Warranty (liability being otherwise admitted) such differences shall be referred to an Arbitrator. This procedure is explained in the Complaints and Arbitration Section of this Warranty information document.
- The period of the Warranty is as detailed in the Warranty Confirmation Letter. It should be noted that in the absence, for whatever reason, of the standard manufacturer warranty, the start date and expiry date of this Warranty will remain unchanged from that detailed in the Warranty Confirmation Letter.
- The Administrator shall not be liable for any statement or representation, written or verbal, (by whosoever made) which contradicts the terms and conditions of this Warranty, unless such statement or representation is supported in writing by the Administrator.
- Unless specifically documented, no liability can be accepted for any loss, defective work or defective materials supplied.
- Any legal disputes concerning this warranty will be decided by the use of the English version of the Warranty Information and the application of English Law.
- The Insurer may request proof of ownership of the vehicle for a minimum of 90 days as a condition of acceptance of registration.